Breaking: Homs: Talbiseh: 20/10/2012
The Syrian Revolution General Commission [SRGC]
A member of The Syrian Revolution General Commission has been martyred: Omar Abdulrazaq Jummah Allatouf, one of the most important media activists in the Syrian revolution.
Homs: Talbiseh city: 7 men have been martyred with the fate of 7 others unknown as regime forces opened fire and tortured the men on their way from Turkey through Aleppo to Homs. From the 7 martyrs are 3 brothers and their nephew. The checkpoint that stopped them was the Ekarda checkpoint in Aleppo. The 7 were tortured, extra-judicially executed and their bodies mutilated.
• The names of the confirmed martyrs are:
1. Ahmad Abdulrazaq Jummah Allatouf
2. Muhanad Abdulrazaq Jummah Allatouf
3. Omar Abdulrazaq Jummah Allatouf
4. Mohamad Abdulkareem Jummah Allatouf
5. Mohamad Abduljaleel Aldarwish
6. 2 martyrs whose names have not arrived yet.
• SRGC activists:
1. The media activist martyr, Omar Abdulrazaq Jummah Allatouf also known as “OMAR AlHomsi” was an important and main figure in the Syrian revolution.
– Omar was from the first media activists across Syria
– Omar opened the first news room in the revolution named the “Homs News Room”
– Omar is from the creators of the “Talbiseh City Committee”
– Omar is from the creators of “Homs Free Congregation” group, members of the SRGC
– Omar is from the creators of the Syrian Revolution General Commission [SRGC] and was one of those in charge of the media office.
He left Syria during the revolution and returned March 2012 to return to join the protests and the revolutionaries in all they were doing.
Omar was a symbol of persistence, hope and humbleness.
Omar dedicated all his time to the martyrs and revolution.
2. The martyr, media activist and humanitarian aid worker, Mohamad Abdulkareem Jummah Allatouf – nephew of martyr Omar Jummah Allatouf and brother of media activist martyr Jalal Allatouf was also martyred in this attack.
He was a humanitarian aid worker, media activist and member of The Syrian Revolution General Commission. He was one of the main cameramen in the city of Talbiseh filming protests and updating media outlets live as events unfolded.